Friends of The Pleistocene
- There is nothing official, organized, nor authoritative on this website.
- The Origin Myth for the Friends of the Pleistocene is posted here. This was written by Dr. Gary Carver.
- The 50th anniversary recollection written by Dick Goldthwait.
- If you have any questions, please contact me at: jayp at cascadiageo.org
- Here is the initial ‘post’ that explains how this FOP website got started in 2012.
- The Header image above is a map of the pluvial lake extent from the U.S. Geological Survey Miscellaneous Field Studies Map MF-2323: Extent of Pleistocene Lakes in the Western Great Basin, by Marith Reheis
- There are different groups around the world and these are called “cells.”
Here are the Cells:
Pacific Northwestern Cell
Rocky Mountain Cell
South Central Cell
South East Cell